Wireless printers have become an absolute necessity in almost every home nowadays. These printers are easy to use and come at a reasonable price range. We are going to try to find out the answer to how do i get my mac to recognize my wireless printer in this article.
How Do Wireless Printers Work?
Before finding out the answer to the question of how do i get my mac to recognize my wireless printer? we should try to find out how a wireless printer work. A wireless printer can work on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Unlike normal and traditional printers, wireless printers do not require any wire to operate and thus you can keep them at any place in your home. You can also access these devices with any gadgets like computers, desktops, and even mobile phones. It can also be carried easily without thinking about the wires.
How do i get my mac to recognize my wireless printer?
Wireless printers mostly nowadays do not require any additional setup to get connected to any computers, whether it is Windows or Mac. These devices are well-compatible with the latest desktops and laptops.
For connecting properly, make sure that both devices are running on the same Wi-fi or Bluetooth connection. If both of them are running on the same network, your Mac device will automatically detect your printer and will get connected to it. If it does not get connected due to an unknown reason, then you have to follow the following steps.
- You have to go to the Apple menu where you have to select System Preferences. After clicking on the system preferences, you have to click on Printers & Scanners. You will probably find the name of the printer that you have bought, on the list. If not, then you click on the Add button and include the printer in your list.
If you want to join your Mac wirelessly with a printer then you have to follow the documentation that is provided along with the printer. Different companies manufacture different types of wireless printers and each one of them has different ways of getting connected to a Mac or Windows device. Even different models of wireless printers manufactured by the same company have different methods of getting connected to desktops or laptops. Thus, following the documentation is always advised.
How do i get my mac to recognize my wireless printer? You can also join your wireless printer with the help of a cable to your Mac device. You can establish a connection between the two devices with the help of a USB cable or an ethernet cable. All you have to do is connect one end of the USB or ethernet port to the printer and the other end to your Mac device.
Sometimes the connection between a wireless printer and a Mac device may get disrupted to weak Wi-Fi or Bluetooth strength. Try to keep both devices in close proximity to maintain a good connection strength.
If the wireless printer still does not get connected even after following the above methods, try to get in touch with the customer support of the printing machine. It does not happen frequently, but if it does, then there is nothing to worry about if the device is within the warranty period.
Here is all about how do i get my mac to recognize my wireless printer?
1. How to Connect a WPS Printer to a Mac Device?
- The first thing that you have to do is open the AirPort utility app that is situated in the Utility folder. The utility folder can be found in the Application folder.
- Then click on the Edit option after selecting the base station on the graphical list. For the base station, you need to provide a password.
- Then you can choose the add the WPS printer after choosing the base station.
- You can also add the printer by going to the System Preferences and clicking on the add button in the Printers and Scanners section.
This is the basic step that you have to follow to connect a WPS printer to your Mac device.