DTG printers are used to print graphical images on garments. Nowadays, people have opted to wear clothes with graphical images on them. Therefore, there is a demand for DTG printing. how to prepare for best photo printing on photoshop for DTG printer? We have the answer for you. Moreover, ensuring that the quality of the picture is good is more important.
Best DTG printer
Printing artwork on garments is different from screen printing. The process of direct-to-garment printing has an entirely different approach. Using Adobe Photoshop will help a lot in ensuring that the quality of the images to be printed is good and there won’t be any issues while printing.
Best garment printer
The following things need to be considered thoroughly while working on how to prepare for best photo printing on photoshop for dtg printer:
- DTG printers use CMYK colors while printing. Thus, when a file is converted from RGB to CMYK, there are chances that the colors would not print the same as CMYK. The colors on DTG are duller than the screen print ones. Thus, work according to the limitations.
- Choosing the correct file type is important. Lay stress on PNG files with transparent backgrounds rather than the standard JPG files with white backgrounds. You cannot make a proper under the base when the file has a white background.
- Upsampling the image to 200 to 300 dpi is important. Adjusting the image resolution will result in a good-quality image printing. 200 to 300 dpi is the perfect physical size. As a result, the edges of the image will be smoothened.
- Low-quality JPG files need to be improved. Unlike screen printing, these problems may not be keenly visible on a DTG image. However, printing good-quality images are important. Hence, you can improve these files by using the off-the-shelf JPG enhancement program.
- There can be dulling of the colors when the file is changed from RGB to CMYK. Moreover, transferring them from Illustrator or Corel to Photoshop can shift color, and the colors might appear duller. Therefore, improving the saturation of the image is the best solution. You can also use the Tone Curve option and tone the picture. Toning the image will darken the shadows and lighten the highlights.
- The sharpening filter on Photoshop is truly great. It enhances the edges of the image. Sharpen the image using this filter. Use it correctly to get perfect results. This will have a great impact on the final edited picture.
- Fixing black and white areas is important. Those areas might appear solid black or solid white. However, there might not be so. Use the Panel to check the density levels of the image. Use the eyedropper tool on the areas you think are solid black. In RGB, solid blacks have 0 levels. Thus, any area that has a reading other than 0, won’t have solid black there. Similarly, do it for the white areas.
Solid white is 255 levels. You RIP will try to put some other color if the reading shows something other than 255. Thus, adjust those areas using the Tone Curve tool.
The aforementioned are a few things to be considered when you wonder how to prepare for best photo printing on photoshop for dtg printer. Keeping these things in mind, you can create wonders with the software and the image printed will be of amazing quality.
Katana DTG printer
Ensuring that the image quality is good is extremely important. Making adjustments will help with the quality of the image. The answer to the question, “how to prepare for best photo printing on photoshop for DTG printer?” is now clear.
Adobe Photoshop is great software. It enhances the image perfectly. As a result, the image printed on the garment is of great quality and fits the garment perfectly. DTG printers use the CMYK colors. Editing the picture on photoshop will solve the problem of how to prepare for best photo printing on photoshop for dtg printer.
I’m Susan Rockett, I am dedicated to providing effective solutions for all your printing needs. From troubleshooting common printer issues to recommending the best printers for your specific requirements, our website offers valuable insights and resources.