Printers are usually very easy and convenient to use but sometimes you are faced with issues that frustrates you. There are times when the printer simply gives an error message that it can’t print. In that case, you are just left guessing what could be the possible reason causing this trouble.
Now, it just simply says that the document can’t be printed and if you try to cancel the job, it’ll stay deleting forever. This you can’t afford. In this case you should find a way out to troubleshoot the problem and printer spooler restart can be one way to do it.
Although there could be a lot of reasons why you can’t print, for example there could be an issue with your internet connection or the printer has met some technical glitch. In those cases you can simply run printer troubleshooter but if that does not help you should try Printer spooler restart windows 10 if you are windows user.
To begin with clean the Printer Spooler
You have to try troubleshooter first, but if that does not fix the problem you will have to clean the spooler manually. It is an easy and small process. Just follow the step by step guide and your issue will be resolved.
- Firstly, Press ‘Windows + R’, enter ‘services.msc’ and tap to OK.
- Now, scroll down to find print spooler.
- Right-click ‘Print Spooler Service’ and click to ‘Stop’. Once that is done you can minimize the Windows Service Console.
- Now, again come back to Press ‘Windows + R’ and type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and then ok.
- When you are there you will see the option of delete all the files. Then Delete all the files present inside the folder and go back to the ‘Services’ console.
- Find ‘Print Spooler’ Service and Right click on it to start.
This will clean your entire system and prepare it for a new installation.
By doing this you will be able to resolve all the communication issues that are happening between the printer and the PC.
Now, to do that you can simple fix this issue by resetting the print spooler on your computer using the Services console or Command Prompt?
How to Reset Print Spooler Windows 10
So, here we have shared a step by step guide to run printer reset print spooler windows 10:
- Open Start on Windows 10.
- Now, click the top result to open the Services console.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option once you are there press the General tab.
- Now, press the Stop button and use the Windows key + R keyboard to run the command in the background.
- Now, follow the on screen instructions and Type and Enter: C:\Windows\System32\spool\printers and then press continue.
- Now, click the tab and press the Start button to restart the spooler.
The process is very simple and easy. Just make sure you follow all the steps in order and not miss even one of them. There are complete guides that you can find online which will help you do printer spooler reset. However, if you still need any assistance you can contact the best technician and experts who will help you complete the process in a hassle-free manner.