As 3D printing has gained popularity and has turned into a career choice, people have become more conscious about creating great 3D prints. Now they look for features that would not only develop a greater finish but also print quality 3D models too. This buying guide and reviews on the Carbon fiber 3D printer will help you to learn about such 3D printers that make prints that have strength and stability along with great finish.
R QIDI TECHNOLOGY X-CF Pro Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
WEEDO ME40 Large Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
R QIDI TECHNOLOGY X-Plus II Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
Creality CR 10 Smart Pro Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
EMBRACESUN Pro Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
Carbon Fiber 3D Printer-Buying Guide
With the advancement of technology, many technical advantages are being added to 3D printers. Now you can get 3D printers that are capable of printing models having greater strength. Various brands are now making FDM 3D printers that use carbon fiber filament. The purpose of using carbon fiber is that it adds great tensile strength and stability to the finished prints. These fibers when get mixed with the base filament and a 3D print is made, enhance the strength and stability of the 3D models along with a great finish.
The advantages of using carbon fiber filaments are immense and so these days it has become a prime choice for professionals. Reading further you will get to know the reviews of the best Carbon fiber 3D printer available in the market. This will help you to pick the one that you need for your purpose. But, to make things easier for you, first, check some of the factors to look for while buying a 3D printer.
Factors to consider while buying the carbon fiber 3d printer
- Type: Majorly there are 3 types of 3D printers that most customers choose from. The most common 3 types are FDM, SLS, and SLA 3D printers. Each of these three types has its specialties and is needed for specific purposes. Based on your printing goals, choose the type that suits your needs.
- Filaments: Just like the types each 3D printer is capable of using only a specific nature of filaments too. different filaments have different roles to play too in the finished outcome. Like, when carbon fiber filament is used with the base material it develops strength and stability in the 3D print making it last for a long time. Just in this same way different other filaments have their role to play. Based on your need, choose the 3D printer. It is also important to know here how much filament shall you require and how much volume of prints will you be making. You must also know how much the cost will take and how easily you can arrange the filaments too in the time of need.
- Features: Another very important aspect to check in the 3D printer is its features. Features are something that will help you to make the best 3D print in less amount of time. There are some important features that you must know such as the materials the 3D printer is capable of handling, leveling of the print bed, design of the 3D printer, build volume, size of 3D prints, extruders, wifi connectivity, size of the print bed and many more.
- Speed: The speed of the 3D printer is another aspect of consideration. If the 3D printer is capable of giving you a good print speed, then a better quality 3D print will be produced. Speed is also important because it shall help you to make a lot of 3D prints in a short time, especially if you require to make high volumes of 3D prints.
- Safety Features: 3D printers uses a variety of materials and filaments whose fumes are harmful to health. So, it is important to know how it ventilates or absorbs the fumes, and what protection it gives against leakages and spills too. In addition to that, you must also know if it is safe for indoor use, are proper fans given to it so that it prevents overheating, and also if it is safe from short circuits and sparks.
- Brand: All these factors discussed are a part of good brands of 3D printers. All major brands of 3D printers give the best features that are needed for a great 3D printing experience. Since buying a 3D printer also means that you are investing in it so it is always important to check the brand before buying. A good brand will always assure about its quality and performance.
- Cost: Lastly it is the cost that you must verify, check with the budget you have, and then invest. You need to know here even the different models of 3D printers under the same brand name will have different costs to them. This is because the features of a 3D printer determine its cost.
Now that you know about the factors, let us read the reviews of 3D printers.
Carbon Fiber 3D Printer Reviews
- Brand: R QIDI TECHNOLOGY
- Material: Metal
- Weight: 83.6 Pounds
- Special Feature: QIDI Fast Slicer
Performance: Without a doubt, this has one of the best carbon fiber 3D printer filament. The specialty of this 3D printer is that it uses nylon and carbon fiber filaments for creating the 3D print. In this 3D printer of carbon fiber 3D printer filament, the upgraded version of the single extruder is given that adds double gear extrusion. The alloy material of high temperature it uses not only brings quality to the 3D print but also gives this 3D printer a long service life too.
Comparison: Many upgrades have been given to this carbon fiber printer. An added set of high-quality extruders is given so that this 3D printer is capable of handling ABS, PLA, PETG, and many more filaments with ease. The performance of this carbon fiber printer has been enhanced too for delivering you a more quality output than before.
Usage: Here in this 3D printer, industrial-grade technology has been used. The addition of the upgraded extruder makes it comfortably handle a variety of filaments. The dual z-axis helps you to make precise 3D prints with quality and great speed. The XYZ structure uses the industrial slide that not only brings perfection to the print but also helps to solve different issues in the printer when the need arises. This 3D printer uses nylon and carbon fiber with other filaments to produce prints with more durability, strength, and stability. You can even increase its speed to 120 ccs per hour if needed.
- Uses Upgraded 3D Printing Technology
- Create 3D Prints With Precision And Perfection
- Prints With A Speed Of 120 CC Per Hour
- Customer Support Service Is A Letdown
Automatic intelligent technology has been introduced that levels the print bed on its own. The additional software balances the use of nylon and carbon in it to create the prints with the exact amount of filament required. An upgraded mainboard and driver chip have been included too for an HD display and ease of navigation.
Why You Should Buy It?
This 3D printer is one of the best options for you to choose from. Its carbon fiber technology in combination with nylon is of advanced grade giving strength and stability to your prints. The dual gear extrusion not only helps to shape the print in a much better way but also makes it supportive of a variety of filaments. The filament detection sensor to is there to save you from making failed prints, by a timely reminder. The great automatic leveling feature, the slicing software, the touchscreen interface, and the PEI plate all add to a greater print result. You can easily connect it to your Linux with Windows operating system and start making the 3D prints.
- Brand: WEEDO
- Material: Carbon Fiber, Steel, Wood, Aluminum, And Many More
- Weight: 33.9 Pounds
- Special Feature: Auto Leveling Feature
Performance: You no longer have to search for a 3D printer with great performance and quality because this is the best continuous carbon fiber 3D printer for you. This open-source 3D printer is capable of handling a variety of materials and together in combination with carbon fiber, creates amazing quality 3D prints. Here in this 3D printer, the titanium-copper steel nozzle is capable of withstanding temperatures up to three hundred degrees centigrade. This is why this continuous carbon fiber 3D printer manages extrusion with ease and delivers the best outcome.
Comparison: In this 3D printer upgradation has been made that allows you to prevent clogging of the nozzle and deliver smooth 3D prints. It supports greater freedom of creativity than the previous model.
Usage: In combination with carbon fiber and nylon this 3D printer is capable of handling a variety of materials very easily such as wood, PVA, PLA, PTU, ABS, and more to make continuous fiber 3D printing. Up to ninety percent of the structure in this 3D printer comes assembled, the rest is very easy to handle. Leveling the print bed will no longer be a daunting task because it has a feature for automatically leveling. The upgraded motherboard in combination with open-source firmware not only makes continuous fiber 3D printing easier but offers more than that. It makes a pause and resumes printing much easier, supported by a filament detection sensor.
- Upgraded Motherboard
- Auto Leveling Of Print Bed
- Large Print Volume
- Print Bed Is Loose
You will find many new additions to this 3D printer. It has a feature for pause and resumes printing. The upgraded motherboard enhances the print speed more taking it to 180mm/s. The magnetic plate is easily removable to help you to bring out the print with ease and perfection. The 4.3 inches touchscreen interface adds to better navigation.
Why You Should Buy It?
This is another great option for a 3D printer that uses carbon fiber along with a variety of filaments to give a stronger 3D print. Making bigger-sized prints will not remain an issue because this 3D printer can take care of that. this is surely one of the most advanced 3D printers with multiple user-friendly features to elevate your printing experiences to the next level.
- Brand: R QIDI TECHNOLOGY
- Material:Metal, Carbon Fiber, Plastic, Acrylic, And Many More
- Weight: 50.7 Pounds
- Special Feature: Dual Gear Extruders
Performance: Here in this carbon fiber 3D printer two upgraded extruders with double gears have been added. It not only enhances the level of extrusion but also allows you to use multiple color filaments for 3D printing. Now it is a guarantee that using this fiber 3D printer less clogging and more dissipation of heat is possible leading to better results.
Comparison: The ordinary extruder in this 3D printer allows it to comfortably reach a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees centigrade but the addition of advanced extruders makes this carbon fiber 3D filament printer reach a maximum temperature of three hundred degrees centigrade. It enables this carbon fiber 3D filament 3D printer capable of handling nylon, PC, PA12-CF, PLA, TPU, ABS, and a variety of other filaments very easily.
Usage: With the double driver on the Z-axis, you can now make 3D prints of larger sizes with greater quality and precision. You do not have to worry about power outages or filament depletion too because this 3D printer is backed by features that not only help you to resume printing after power cuts but also remind you when the filament is about to get over. The addition of the upgraded slicing software enhances the performance much higher this time.
- Double Driver On The Z-Axis For Stability
- Dual Extruder For Multicolor Filament Usage
- Greater Configuration And Large Size Of Prints
- The Extruder Gets Clogged Easily
A dual gear extruder has been a new addition to this 3D printer which makes it capable of handling a greater temperature of heat extending up to three hundred degrees centigrade. It can even handle a variety of filaments and also can make 3D prints of multicolors too. Adding variation to your 3D print will no longer be a limitation for you.
Why You Should Buy It?
Here in this 3D printer, you will get two options for placing the filaments making it more user-friendly for you. The addition of a dual-gear extruder not only gives more power to extrusion but also allows you to print 3D models of different colors too. The 4.3 inches color touchscreen makes it easier to navigate. This 3D printer is further supported by features such as a filament detection sensor, a resume printing option, a QIDI slicer that increases the speed by twenty percent more, a PEI plate for greater adhesion, and much more support. Surely this is one of the best 3D printers for you which builds 3D prints with more stability and greater finesse.
- Brand: LeeChee
- Material: Metal, Aluminum
- Weight: 37.9 Pounds
- Special Feature: AI HD Camera For Remote Monitoring
Performance: This surely is a great choice for a carbon filament 3D printer which has a print setting to give greater print control. Now its online slicer is capable of supporting more than ten thousand models very easily. Because this is a carbon filament 3D printer, you can be assured that your 3D printed models will get more firmness and rigidity along with a great amount of stability.
Comparison: Upgradation has been made in this model of the 3D printer making it more powerful than the previous one. An Al HD camera feature has been made. This enables you to control it remotely very easily. The addition of the Creality cloud app brings an intelligent control system to it along with firmware updates.
Usage: Having a very powerful and advanced direct extruder is always an advantage because it makes this 3D printer capable of enduring high levels of temperatures. It can handle temperatures from 300 degrees centigrade to 572 degrees Fahrenheit very comfortably. It will help you in creating larger-sized 3D prints with perfection and quality. It can also feed 1.75 mm of filaments too. The capacity of handling a variety of filaments such as carbon fiber, ABS, PLA, PETG, TPU, and PA gives you great freedom to print all that you want.
No matter if you are a first-time user or a professional one, leveling the printer will no longer remain a hassle because it brings to you the feature of auto-leveling of its print bed. This will lead to greater extrusion of the print. Leading to the best output possible.
- Great Control Over 3D Prints
- Dual Mode Leveling Of Print Bed
- AL HD Camera For Remote Monitoring
- Touchscreen Interface Is Not Very Responsive
Due to multiple upgrades, this 3D printer is capable of handling a variety of files such as AMF, STL, and OBJ. to cut down on your printing hassles a touchscreen interface has been given, and also a camera for remote monitoring. The LED strips of lights help to track the printing progress with much ease.
Why You Should Buy It?
This is a very user-friendly option for a 3D printer that you can choose. It has the capacity of handling a variety of filaments and along with that, you can also remotely monitor the printing progress with its AI camera. The leveling of the print bed will never be an issue because it adjusts automatically and you can remain assured to have great industrial-grade 3D prints with exceptional print speed each time.
- Brand: EMBRACESUN
- Material: Metal
- Weight: 79.37 Lbs.
- Special Feature: Fast Slicer
Performance: Here you have another great choice of carbon fiber FDM 3D printer which is much better than most 3D printers. It has a very modernized system for its single extruder which is capable of handling high temperatures for its alloy bringing in a greater finish to the result with the double gears. You no longer have to question the finish because it makes perfectly finished 3D prints. It is surely much better than a resin 3D printer because it gives a strength that matches with aluminum and lasts for a long time than resin-made 3D prints. In fact, you will not find a carbon fiber resin 3D printer in the market.
Carbon fiber cannot work over resin due to a difference in its chemical components and so no carbon fiber resin 3D printer is made. This carbon fiber 3D printer is capable of handling a variety of filaments with ease. Be it PETG, PLA, ABS, or even any other filament, you can use it very easily to create the 3D print of your dreams.
Comparison: In comparison to the previous model, an advanced automatic intelligent mode has been applied here for the leveling of the print bed. It upgrades the level up to twenty points which brings more accurate leveling to the print bed leading to a greater finish in the 3D prints. This 3D printer has specifically been made for the use of carbon fiber filaments so that you can make prints having great strength and durability this time.
Usage: Industrial-grade technology has been used in this 3D printer so that you get the best results each time. The precision, quality, and greater speed are controlled by the dual z-axis in the printer. With the help of the PEI printing plate, issues with warping due to overheating are taken care of very efficiently. This time, even the structure of the printer has been given keeping in mind to enhance its performance and speed. Now, while printing various filaments, you can even increase the speed up to 120 ccs per hour.
An advanced mainboard has been added to it as well along with an HD display so that navigation becomes easier and smooth for you.
- Fast Slicer
- High Precision And Speed
- Fully Assembled 3D Printer
- A Little Pricey
Carbon filaments have been developed by the HUAFAST brand so that a greater experience can be given to the users. Intelligent technology and upgraded software have been used this that the models can be created with greater accuracy and quality.
Why You Should Buy It?
Surely it is one of the best buys for a 3D printer because not only it uses advanced features but also the carbon filament is made by the brand itself to give you better quality. The leveling of the print bed is also taken care of automatically so that you can have a stress-free great printing result. The speed in it is great and it enhances furthermore to 120 cc per hour due to the double gear extruder. The advanced slicing software ensures that you are getting perfectly printed 3D models making it the best option to have. Having the HD control panel too, you can even operate this 3D printer very easily.
1. How much is a carbon fiber 3D printer?
Entry-level carbon fiber 3D printer will cost you somewhere between $300 to $500. Whereas, the professional ones are a little pricier. It will cost you between $1,500 to $20,000.
2. How does carbon fiber 3D printing work?
In carbon fiber 3D printing, two steps are used in each layer. First, extrusion is done on the thermoplastic forming the shells and infills of the part. It works as the composite matrix of the material. Then, ironing is done on the fiber forming another matrix. This then fuses the thermoplastic with the filament you are using to create the 3D print.
3. Can you use carbon fiber in a 3D printer?
Yes, you can use carbon fiber after chopping them in the 3D printer just the way you use plastics. It shall help in enhancing the tensile strength of the 3D printed objects more than regular 3D printing.
4. How strong is carbon fiber 3D printing?
Carbon fiber 3D printing is very strong and capable of matching the strength of aluminum. It builds greater strength and stiffness in the 3D prints than in other regular 3D prints.
5. How long can carbon fiber printed materials last?
If proper care is been taken then the carbon fiber 3D printed materials can last more than fifty years very easily.
I’m Susan Rockett, I am dedicated to providing effective solutions for all your printing needs. From troubleshooting common printer issues to recommending the best printers for your specific requirements, our website offers valuable insights and resources.