Printers can be found in every household nowadays. It is a very common device to have in recent times. However, there are mainly two types of printers – wired printers and wireless printers. You can modify your wired printer if you know how to make a printer wireless. A wireless printer will also benefit you in a number of ways.
Making printer wireless is not a very tough job to do. You can do it at home easily. All you need to do is just follow a few steps. And you are done! Your wired printer will turn into a wireless one. Keep on reading to know about the steps.
How to make a printer wireless
Now, this thought may roam around your mind. So, here are some steps that you need to follow to make your printer wireless.
- At first, you need a wireless print server.
- Then you have to plugin that server to the USB port in your printer.
- After that, you need an Ethernet cable to connect it to your router.
- In the meantime, you have to download and install the necessary software on your PC.
- Next, connect your PC to the printer through the software.
Now, your printer is ready to work as a wireless one. You can connect any PC with the printer.
How to make wired printer wireless
To transform your wired printer into a wireless one, you have to go through the steps mentioned below.
- You have to connect your printer to the USB port of your router.
- Then the router will begin working as a wireless print server.
- After that, download and install the software required to connect your PC to the printer.
Thus, your wired printer will be converted into a wireless printer. You can also connect more than one PC to it.
How to make a printer wireless with raspberry pi
This process is also quite simple to go with. Check out the following steps for this.
- You need a raspberry pi among these models – Raspberry Pi 3B/B+, Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspberry Pi Zero W.
- After that, you need to connect your printer with the raspberry pi.
- Then download and install Samba software.
- Next, you have to download and install the Common Unique Printing System or the CUPS.
- Then go to your PC and select Add New printer on the browser.
- Tap on the name of your printer.
Your printer will be connected to your PC. You can also use other PCs to connect to your new wireless printer.
How to make a printer wireless with USB
You can make a wireless printer using a USB. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- First, see if your router has a USB port on its back.
- Then you have to connect your printer with a USB cable to the router.
- After that, keep both the router and the printer close to each other.
- Next, power your printer on.
- Then wait a while.
- At last, connect your printer to your PC as usual.
And your job is done. Your printer is now transformed into a wireless printer. You can also connect other PCs to it.
Here is all about how to make a printer wireless.
1. How to make a printer wireless using Bluetooth
To do it –
- You need an Axis Bluetooth Adapter.
- You have to connect the adapter to your printer.
- Then you need to select your file to print.
- After that, you have to tap on the Send button.
- Next, tap on Bluetooth.
- Lastly, you have to select your printer from the list shown on your PC.
2. How to make a printer wireless on mac
For this, you have to follow the steps below –
- Tap on the Apple sign.
- Then tap on the option System Preferences.
- Next, tap on the option named Printers & Scanners.
- Then tap on the plus (+) sign.
- After that, add your wireless printer to your Mac.
- Finally, connect your wireless printer to your Mac.
I’m Susan Rockett, I am dedicated to providing effective solutions for all your printing needs. From troubleshooting common printer issues to recommending the best printers for your specific requirements, our website offers valuable insights and resources.